The weather was cloudy, and a steady breeze from the south meant that the temperature was warm rather than hot.
We continued to Dry Drayton and then Hardwick, where Joseph turned for home, leaving Jerry and I to continue on to St Neots. We took a northerly route via Elsworth, Yelling and Toseland to St Neots, where we stopped for coffee at the Ambience Cafe in the Riverside Park at about 11.15pm.
As I rode up to the cafe I was surprised to find ten CTC members sitting at a table outside, drinking coffee. So this is where everyone was!
After coffee I returned back to Cambridge with Jerry, leaving most of the remaining riders to carry on to lunch in Harold Country Park north of Bedford.
Jerry and I took a more southerly route back to Cambridge: essentially the B1046 all the way, except for a diversion via Caxton. In Abbotsley we discovered the "Scarecrow Festival", with ingeniously-dressed straw figures in front gardens all over the village.
I was back in Cambridge by about 1.20pm, having cycled about 48 miles.
View this GPS track on a larger map
No comments:
Post a Comment